We are looking for a bilingual Pharmacist to join our team. The Pharmacist will work closely with our Pharmacy Technician to prepare, fill and dispense prescription medication to our patients in a manner that promotes their health and safety and is compliant with federal and provincial regulations. Moreover, the Pharmacist will conduct drug utilization reviews, engage in the administration of the pharmacy, support with managing inventory levels, and deliver a world-class pharmacy experience to patients.
- Review, interpret and process physician orders; articulate filling, labeling and other processing requirements to Pharmacy Technician
- Supervise and assist the Pharmacy Technician with the preparation, filling, labeling and dispensing of medications to meet the prescription needs of patients
- Provide ongoing medical consultations to patients as it relates to their prescriptions including basic pharmaceutical information about their medications, drug chemistry, proper usage, consumption patterns and potential side effects
- Manage inventory levels of drugs and packaging supplies; coordinate medication orders with wholesaler or drug manufacturers
- Support the administration of patient profiles, medical records and prescription medication history
- Adhere to the rules and regulations stipulated by the National Association of Pharmacy Regulatory Authorities (“NAPRA”) and Ontario College of Pharmacists (“OCP”)
- Part A licensing from the Ontario College of Pharmacists; Membership in good standing with the provincial College of Pharmacists (e.g. O.C.P.)
- 3+ years of pharmacy experience
- Remarkable attention to detail as it relates to medication preparation and labelling, inventory management, pharmacy documentation and quality control
- Inventory control experience preferred
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Respect for Health & Safety procedures and protocols and commitment to maintaining a safe work environment for colleagues
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Advance computer knowledge and skills
- Fluent in English and French